Sunday, August 24, 2008

Soccer coaches

I received a phone call this week that stopped my heart. Andrew's soccer team did not have a coach and if we could not do it the team would cease to exist. I am not a sporty person and Ryan is not a soccer man. But what else do you do? I agreed to coach the team and then persuaded Ryan to help. I have no idea what we have gotten ourselves into but I figure we can endure anything for 9 weeks (I hope!). Anyone know anything about soccer? Any tips would be accepted at this point, and I mean any tips!

10 comments:

♥Shally said...

Baseball we could help with-- I got nothing with soccer.

Good luck!

Laci said...

Makes me giggle a little. I LOVE soccer and girls have been playing for years, but coach.....I'd die. Have Ry call Bri if he needs some pointers!

Ryan said...

Maybe Bri could give those pointers in person. :)

Caitlin Kontgis said...

let me introduce you to our father...

Brook said...

Katy-I'm trying to get Dad to come out and be a guest coach for a week. You don't think that would scare the kids, do you?

Anonymous said...

Brook,
So I came across your address on a Christmas card that was tucked away in a drawer!! Yeah. It's so fun to see your darling Family!!

Here is our blog: malibuboatfamily.blogspot.com
Tell Ryan 'HELLO"!!!

Sandi said...

oops! sorry on my last comment I have no clue how I mispelled found. OH Well! Hey thanks for the soccer invite. I think camden wants to start something else but please let me know when sports come up that he could play and get to know the kids better! Thanks! I thought of you today when I went into Brighton. They just came out with a chinese line of stuff. Too cute.

Auntie M said...

Brook, 'a chip off the ol' block'. Just make sure you don't talk on the phone continuously while driving all over the place. Man those soccer year with the Billy Boy were something. He definitly was a great coach

Laura Ross said...

Brooke, it Laura from long ago, if there is something I know you guys can do anything. Have lots of fun coaching. I am glad I finally re-found your blog. I got it off you christmas card and then lost it. It is fun to see your cute family. Our blog is rossfamilyof7.blogspot.com. Hope to get catch up with you all.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I don't have any pointers for you either! I'm sure you will do great! Good Luck!