I am so not ready for Christmas. I finally got cards sent out, but only because Ryan was getting a little concerned that I hadn't done it yet and so took charge himself. I didn't put up Christmas lights this year. First time in 13 years of marriage. I guess I'll use the excuse that I'm conserving energy this year. Haven't done any shopping yet either, except for one book for each kid (I'm sure their Christmas morning would not be satisfying at all with one book under the tree). I have been sitting out in my sewing room all day sewing and catching up on projects. I got way behind on the Modify Tradition quilt-a-long. I'm only 4 blocks behind now (I think). So for my sister, pictures...
Flying Duchman

Churn Dash

Amish Diamond

Ohio Star

Olivia also informed me that her teacher's wife was expecting a baby and it was due any day. So I ran out and bought a towel and washcloth and whipped up a hooded towel for her to give her teacher. When she got home from school she informed me that the baby had to have a tutu not a towel. And of course I gave in. I don't think the picture does it justice.

I also finished up this cute blanket. I bought the fabric almost a year ago, just because I loved it. I'm not sure anyone else will, so I'm not sure where it will find a home, but for now it makes me happy to look at it.


I have one other project that I've been working on. I may share that another time.
In the mist of all my projects, Simon's 7th birthday came and went. His actual day of birth is not one that I like to revisit often. Maybe we should start celebrating January 1st, the day he came home the first time. He was thrilled with the skateboard he got. He won't have to sneak and ride Drew's anymore when he's not home. He even wears the pads he got from PaPou and PaPat. He loved the Sock Monkey he received from Grandma and Grandpa Everett. It was all decked out in a Sheriff uniform. He lovingly refers to it as Papa monkey. It look just like Grandpa Jim. And of course the money is always a hit! I can't believe he is 7 already. He is a joy to have in our family. He is such a peace maker and has the unique gift of making us all come together.

5 comments:
Now I know what you do while your kids are all gone to school...(after you finished all 1100 pages of "Atlas Shrugged" of course!) Darling projects!!
Your squares all match so cute! Mine clash. You're way ahead of me! Simon looks so grown up! Love the papa monkey!
Happy you are here, Simon! I love you!
Brook you are amazing! Thanks for the Christmas card! Glad you guys had snow, I swear every time we go to St. George I am going to stop and say hi, next time I am going to! I really miss you.
you are so crazy crafty talented!!!
Post a Comment