Saturday, September 11, 2010

A man quilt, a lovey, and a birthday gift...

If Ryan ever wants to cuddle up in a blanket, he has a great choice of lovely pink and girlie quilts. For some reason when I quilt, bright fun fabrics always call to me. I decided that Ryan needs a man quilt. I started it in the spring but then it go to hot to quilt it. If you don't know about machine quilting, just imagine being wrapped in a quilt in the middle of the summer for hours. It finally got cool enough so I finished it. 5 hours of machine quilting and 4 hours of binding later this is the finished product. I think it turned out very "manly"



I have also been trying to clean out my fabric closet and use up my stash instead of buying new fabric. I found a tutorial for these cute loveys at u-create. I totally feel in love with them and I actually had quite a bit of minky fabric in my stash, so I made a few (I actually have enough fabric to make many, many, more). They are tiny security blanket meant to be sleep with after mom sleeps with them for a few days. I just wish I knew of some babies to give them to!




On my birthday, which was months ago, Ryan said I had to wait until September 11th for my gift. He was very secretive and would not give me even the smallest hint, even though I asked very nicely. Finally a few days before September 11, I received my very late birthday gift. A new Verizon Fascinate. It is very pretty and I might be able to figure it out :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

The quilt is beautiful!(in a manly sort of way). What is a "Fascinate"? Love, Mom

janetmagna said...

LOVE the quilt. And i know someone who's having a baby! :)

Carrie said...

You are amazing and very talented! Beautiful work!

Alli E. said...

You are so talented Brook! My kids have been loving "Angry Birds" and Justin already beat the game. Now that I finished the book club book, I might have more time to "game!!"

Auntie M said...

I love it!!!!!

Kyla said...

Beautiful, Brook! I'd like to be as talented as you in my next life!

Laura said...

Brook, You are amazing! The man quilt coudn't have turned out any better! And super cool gift from Ryan!! BTW, did you get the little gift I dropped by on your b-day?