I love it when people try to get cute with naming their businesses. We walked by the Dress Barn today. That name evokes a certain dirtiness, or maybe one might think that they sell only large clothing, i.e., we'll dress you if you are as big as a barn. Am I the only one that has had this impression?
There is a hair salon in North Salt Lake called Snarlz. First of all, nice z. Only slightly better than using ks wherever possible, like Kwik-E-Mart. But the dumbest thing is this: isn't a snarl a bad thing with hair? It would be like me starting a medical clinic called The Clap.
Of course, my first choice if I were to start a restaurant in Utah would be Squeat, which is Utahn for "Let's go eat!" I think it would be catchy, but then some guy with a blog would make fun of me, I'm sure of it. Now that it is written down, maybe that word looks too much like sweat, which isn't very appetizing. I could spell it Squeet, which looks more like sweet. Much better.
No comments:
Post a Comment