Monday, March 17, 2008

FLASH BACK...

Our niece tagged us to talk about high school...

1.IF YOU COULD GO BACK AND TELL YOUR TEENAGE SELF ONE THING, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

Ryan: Don't be such a dork. (I was self-conscious and awkward, especially with the ladies. Maybe calling them "the ladies" was not such a good idea, in retrospect.)
Brook: Study harder and be nicer.

2. WHAT EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES DID YOU DO IN HIGH SCHOOL?

Ryan: Swim team, jazz band, marching band, wind symphony, total unapologetic band geek (At Taco Time High School, the band teased the inept football team. Bizarre, I know.)
Brook: Gymnastics, Cheerleader, Junior Class VP

2A. WHAT OTHER THINGS DID YOU LIKE TO DO WITH YOUR FREE TIME?

Ryan: What free time?
Brook: Hang out with girlfriends and boyfriend (unfortunately I did this most)

3. WHAT IS THE COOLEST THING YOU DID AS A TEENAGER?

Ryan: Tried out for Jeopardy in the Jeopardy studio (for the college tournament freshman year). If the question is about high school, playing with the marching band in front of 20,000 people (who were there to see the bands) was a total rush.
Brook: I was part of the 4 year running State champion gymnastics team.

4. WHAT'S THE DUMBEST THING YOU DID AS A TEENAGER?

Ryan: As a sophomore, agreed to play an improvised saxophone solo on KSL live in primetime at the Sterling Scholar program. The solo totally blew. (Get it? Blew?)
Brook: Dated the same guy for 2 years (it really ruined friendships)

5. DID YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND IN HIGH SCHOOL?

Ryan: For as long as they'd have me.
Brook: Yep

5A. IF YOU DID, TELL WHY IT DID OR DID NOT WORK OUT.

Ryan: I had no idea how to associate with girls on a non-awkward level. Unless I wasn't interested in them as a girlfriend (which in retrospect was probably the answer to my problem).
Brook: My senior year he got jealous of a guy friend, threw him against a locker, stalked me, and when my parents were out of town he broke into my house to "talk" to me. Do you need anymore explaining?

6. WHEN YOU THINK ABOUT YOUR TEENAGE YEARS, WHAT SONGS COME TO MIND?

Ryan: She's got the look (Roxette), Toy Soldiers by Martika -- these are just the songs I remember. I didn't buy them, I swear -- various jazz artists you've never heard of.
Brook: AC/DC's Back in Black. My two friends and I listened to it every week (full blast) before the football games (It helped us get excited for the game). Madonna

7. WHAT'S THE FUNNEST DATE YOU WENT ON IN HIGH SCHOOL?

Ryan: None. How sad is that?
Brook: We went pursing. We tied a string to a purse and left it in the middle of the street, when someone stopped to pick it up we would pull it away.

8. IF YOU COULD CHANGE ONE THING ABOUT YOUR TEENAGE YEARS, WHAT WOULD IT BE?

Ryan: I would act like I didn't care if the girls liked me.
Brook: I sort of feel like I was stuck up and I don't like that. I would be more accepting of others.

9. WHAT DID YOU THINK YOU WOULD GROW UP AND BECOME WHEN YOU WERE A TEENAGER?

Ryan: An engineer of some kind or a weatherman (I'm starting to understand my lack of dating prowess...)
Brook: A hottie? :) I never thought past the weekend in high school. (I wish I would have. I might have done better in high school and college).

10. POST A PICTURE OF YOURSELF AS A TEENAGER. (this was not an easy task! and please don't laugh!)


Anyone care to be tagged!?!


8 comments:

Melissa said...

You guys are like, SOOO cute!

Okay - except for the hair, you two look exactly the same! Unless, of course, you've pulled a Dorian Gray in the last few months. How fair is that?

Anyway - that was a fun post to read! It's obvious you two are each other's densities.

♥Shally said...

That was a fun post!

And I remember the whole shove into a locker thing... :)

Anonymous said...

I would never accept that tag...my high school life was even more dull than it is now. You have no reason to be embarrassed by those pics either.

Kristin said...

Pursing?! That is hilarious!

Nikki said...

Your pictures are so cute. Sounds like you both had a great time in high school. Brook, I love that you had the permed, cheerleader, popular-girl hair, and that Ryan's answers show how much guys think about girls in high school.

Auntie M said...

AAAAHHHHHHH! I remember you that way Brook. Ryan looks just the same. You guys are so cute. I miss you!-Auntie M

Auntie M said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Krista said...

Ha! I'm guessing that was 80's hair. Love it!