Sunday, March 09, 2008

My guy


My niece tagged me to talk about Ryan...this will not be hard to do.

1. FULL NAME: Ryan Clark McCune

2. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN MARRIED? 11 years 2 months and 25 days.

3. HOW LONG DID YOU DATE? Our first date was May 18, 1996 and we were married December 14, 1996. So almost 7 months to the day.

4. WHO SAID 'I LOVE YOU' FIRST? Ryan did. After about 2 weeks of dating. We we had just finished watching Cinema Paridiso and he got really emotional and then blurted it out. Of course I followed suit and told him how I felt.

5. WHO IS TALLER? Ryan, by a measly 9 inches.

6. WHO SINGS BETTER? I think Ryan does. I love to listen to him sing. He has a really pure voice.

7. WHO IS SMARTER? I'm not even sure I need to answer that question. Ryan got a bigger serving when God was handing out the brains.

8. WHO DOES THE LAUNDRY? I do. Ryan always offers to carry the laundry baskets to and from the laundry room for me.

9. WHO PAYS THE BILLS? Me. I have ever since we got married. As long as I don't spend more than we have and I save a good amount every month Ryan stays happy.

10. WHO SLEEPS ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BED? If you are standing at the foot of the bed, I do.

11. WHO MOWS THE LAWN? We both do. Although I will admit...I let Ryan do it in the middle of the summer when it's way hot.

12. WHO COOKS DINNER? I do. But Ryan does the dishes every night.

13. WHO DRIVES? Ryan drives in town but I drive if we are traveling. I get car sick even sitting in the passenger seat.

14. WHO IS MORE STUBBORN? Ryan says I am. He says it is so self evident.

15. WHO KISSED WHO FIRST? We both kissed each other. And of course it happened at the Italian Place.

16. WHO ASKED WHO OUT FIRST? We were lined up on a blind date by a mutual friend. Ryan called me to set up the first date.

17. WHO PROPOSED? I'm not sure anyone did. Ryan was working at the Italian Place and I was keeping him company and we started talking about marriage and Ryan said "Ok so should I call the temple or do you want to.

18. WHO HAS MORE SIBLINGS? I do. I have 1 older sister, 1 younger sister, 3 younger brothers, 2 step sisters, a brother-in-law, and a sister-in-law. Ryan has 1 older sister, 2 older brothers, a brother-in-law and a sister-in-law.

19. WHO WEARS THE PANTS IN THE FAMILY? Ryan lets me. He always does want I want to do. He never complains that I boss him around. He always helps out where I need it.

I love, love, love Ryan. He is the best thing that has happened to me. I love that he loves to take care of me and loves to keep me and the kids safe and happy. Thanks for the last 11 years! :)

6 comments:

Director Sportif said...

Ahh, the romance of The Italian Place. Worked every time. Some people had the gargoyles at the Cathedral of the Madeline and others had Red Butte Garden. But nothing puts the ladies in the mood like a Steak & Everything.

Anonymous said...

I was addicted to the Steak & Everything. It was my splurge when I couldn't stand yet another ramen noodle dinner.

That was a cute post! What a handsome guy, Ry (had to do that).

Krista said...

What a sweet story. You guys sound perfect for each other.

Brook said...

Oh. By the way. I tag you all :)

Nikki said...

AND, he plays the piano like he invented it... I love it when guys play the piano. It's one of my favorite things about Daniel.

It's so beautiful to hear you talk about the love in your marriage.

Anonymous said...

I tagged you again Brook...see my blog for details.