We went to Flagstaff, Az this last weekend for a dance competition for Olivia so I guess I need to post something about that. First, thanks mom for coming along on the adventure. Hope we didn't wear you out too much. We arrived in Flagstaff Thursday night late. Friday, Olivia didn't have to be at the competition until 3:30 so we went to Walnut Canyon to see the Indian ruins in the morning.
After Walnut Canyon we rushed Olivia home for a rest and to get ready (hair and make-up for competitions take me an awfully long time). Olivia did a great job on her solo. She got first runner up in her division. The first picture is of all the girls from Olivia's studio who did solos. The second picture is of the winners in Olivia's division.
The rest of the weekend was spent at the high school for me and Olivia and Grandma. Grandma did sneak away with the boys to go to Sedona. The boys did a lot of hiking and driving and had lots of fun together. Olivia and I were able to get away for lunch on Saturday with everyone. If you are in Flagstaff don't miss New Jersey Pizza Company-Second only to the pizza I ate in Chicago. Here are some pictures of the boys and Grandma on their adventure.
Here is a picture of Olivia's dance team. They won Superior with high points for their show "Candy Shop". This was the best I have ever seen them dance as a full team. Way to go girls!
Famous Catholic Church in Sedona.
On the way home on Sunday we stopped at the South Rim of the Grand Canyon. It ended up taking us 10 hours to get home instead of 5 but I think we all thought it was worth the extra drive and time we spent there. The kids and I had never been to the Grand Canyon and it had been a very long time since Ryan and my mom had been there.
3 comments:
Sounds like so much fun!!!I'm glad Sal got to come and hang with the kids! You guys look great. Miss you!
Sounds like a fun trip! Awesome pictures!! Way to go on your dance, Olivia!!!
Awesome trip! You rock, Olivia!
Post a Comment