Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Service Opportunity

I find myself on SugarDoodle.com at least once a day so when she had a great idea of doing a mass service project, I wanted to join in. She is collecting blankets and homemade cards to donate to the Ronald McDonald House. I wanted to donate as much as possible but knew I couldn't do much myself so I sent an email out to the ladies in the neighborhood and look at all the wonderful women who responded to the call! You guys are awsome!!! The two women in the top picture offered to get all the card supplies ready for us to assemble and not only that, they fed us all a fabulous lunch. We were able to make about 250 cards in just a couple of hours.
Next week we will get together to make some blanket. I will give a total count of everything when we are ready to donate.

We did decide to donate our things to the Jubilee House, which is the equivalent to the Ronald McDonald House but is local to St George. Thank you again, ladies, for your willingness to serve.





No comments: