Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Morning



Santa must have been smiling down on Ryan and me this year...The kids slept until 7:45 Christmas morning. Merry Christmas to us! We must have also done all the shopping right this year for there was not one complaint after opening gifts. In fact our ever optimistic Simon, after opening each gift would shout "This is just what I always wanted!" Grandpa Landon arrived about halfway through the opening and seemed happy to watch the festivities. We had a great morning lounging around and being together as a family. Uncle Clark, Aunt Morag, Jason, Jim, Kelly, and kids arrived around 1:00 for a very informal lunch. It is wonderful having Uncle Clark and Aunt Morag near. The kids have really taken to them and love them so much. I am grateful to have this holiday season to ponder the meaning of Christmas. I am grateful for the sacrifices made by our Savior for me. I am grateful for the constant example I have of Jesus Christ, and feel extremely blessed to have this knowledge. It brings so much peace and hope to me. I pray that as my children grow they to will find happiness in the knowledge that the gospel brings. I love you all and wish you a Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year, and joy in 2008!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Corey used to say, "this is what I've been hoping for" in his highest, excited voice after opening every gift and he was so very sincere. I have happy memories of Christmas with little kids. Now, not so fun. I needed to be at your house in my pjs watching "my grandkids" open gifts. Love you guys!