Here is a first-hand account of that harrowing event:
I think they are going to be okay.
Simon and Olivia were actually passengers in a golf cart when Simon decided to commandeer the steering wheel to go where he wanted. Instead, they plowed into a utility box next to the sidewalk, throwing Olivia and Simon from the cart. They howled a lot, mostly because they were scared out of their wits. Simon's face got a little banged up, but that will be his badge of courage. (I told him that his friends will probably give him high fives and he responded, concerned, "In the face?")
The police, firemen, and paramedics also showed up, to the embarrassment of their mother.
Final damage tally: one bruised and swollen face (Simon), a scrape and a bump on the arm (Olivia), a broken windshield (golf cart), and one neighbor with no internet, cable, or phone service (the Ences--sorry).
6 comments:
Haha, I am glad to see you guys are ok, and that you are using this as a blogging opportunity! I think I will remember this for my whole life...My first crash.
Glad they are okay!
I'm so glad everyone is alright but it breaks my heart to see my sweet Simon's face all bruised and swollen and a scratch on Olivia's wrist. Will you ever forgive us? Will presents help?!
We were never mad so there is nothing to forgive. You guys are like our St. George family!
Grandma is so glad you two are OK. I wish I were there to hug and kiss you all over your injuries. Grandma kisses have secret healing powers, you know! Love, Grandma
Oh, my gosh! That video is too funny! My boys were down at the park with our golf cart the same time that it happened. They all came home so concerned, I think because of the police, fire truck, and ambulance being there. I didn't know that your kids were the passengers! Glad to hear everyone is o.k.
Post a Comment