
My sweet grandpa passed away yesterday morning. He used to tell us he was 93 years young. And he was. What a wonderful man he is. I am grateful that I had the chance to be in Salt Lake last week. Although he was not feeling well he allowed me and the kids to visit with him almost every day. I will cherish that time I had with him and I hope the kids will remember that time also. My grandpa was a very humble and gentle man. He loved life and lived it to the fullest. He was able to serve 4 full time missions. I am so grateful that I was able to call him grandpa. I am glad that he is at peace now (he has been wanting that for a while now). Andrew, Olivia, and Simon love their Great Grandpa and had the opportunity to serve him a little bit in the last year. I hope they can keep those experiences close to them.
5 comments:
I'm so sorry. It sounds like he lived a great life.
He was a great and gentle soul. He always remembered me even whenever I saw him. Years would pass and he always knew who I was. He was sharp as a tack. He was a good Grandpa!
Sorry Brook, sounds like he was great. That's neat your kids got to know your Grandpa.
Dear Brookie, Thanks for the tender tribute to my awesome Daddy. He was one of a kind. So good, so humble, so loving, so grateful for the smallest things. I'll miss him - till we meet again.
Oops, I actually spelled "Mom" wrong!
Post a Comment