Monday, September 14, 2009

Holy Spider, Batman!

I was hopeful that this day would never come...

Today I had the dry waller here fixing popped screws and a crack in my wall. We were on our way into the casita to look for popped screws out there when he said "You have a pet tarantula". I of course looked at him very confused (because we don't have a pet tarantula and why would he say such a strange thing). His eyes wandered from my face to just above my head. I looked up and there about 3 feet from my head was a big hairy tarantula. I'm so glad I didn't embarrass myself by acting like a girl and screaming. Luck for me the dry waller was not afraid of tarantulas and scraped him off the wall and into a bucket for the kids to see when then go home from school. They were obviously impressed. I can handle the cockroaches but please don't send anymore tarantulas our way.

When Ryan arrived home we released the tarantula into the field across the street. At the very back of the lot. Hopefully it won't find it's way back to our house. He is one house guest who is not welcome.

6 comments:

Ang said...

Yuck! I would have screamed like a girl.

♥Shally said...

Okay, Brook. That is SERIOUSLY SCARY!!

I handle scorpions better than hairy spiders!

Alli E. said...

That is sooooo creepy!! I probably would've screamed and cried!!

Auntie M said...

I HATE SPIDERS!!!!!!!!! I would have had a heart attack!

Unknown said...

I am much more even-keeled about spiders, even tarantulas, than I am about roaches. No accounting for taste or creepy-crawly phobias, I guess.

Anonymous said...

I KNEW there was a reason not to live in St. George!
:-)