Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Quiet, Please!

Have you ever had a day that was never ending. Yesterday was one of those days for me. To make things worse, my kids were really on one. They came home from school arguing and didn't stop until they were asleep. I don't know if you have ever felt this way, but my ears were ready to explode by the end of it all. They had listened way to much and they were tired! After my ears had a chance to rest I felt much better. Although I was still not happy with the way the kids acted all afternoon. That did change at my bed time. I have a little ritual every night of checking on the kids before I go to bed-I have to make sure they all have blankets on them, or they aren't about to fall off the bed, or that their little bodies aren't in strange and uncomfortable positions. This is what I found last night...

Olivia being the socialite that she is cannot sleep without her stuffies. She gets so lonely every night that she makes at least one trip a night to visit mom and dad. I'm sure I will miss this one day!
Simon is our pillow guy. On this night he was using his pillow as a blanket. He has always been so irresistible when he sleeps. I can never pass up kissing him as he slumbers.
Here is Andrew in his make shift bed. He built a fort under his bunk bed months ago and now he refuses to sleep anywhere else. He finally asked for a camping pad so he didn't have to sleep on the floor. He is like a bear-storing all of his favorite things in his den. He could stay in there for a long time and keep entertained!

Thank you my children for these memories. Although I would have given anything for quiet yesterday, I know that one day I will miss the chatter and commotion around the house.

5 comments:

♥Shally said...

I do the same thing with my kids. They look so peaceful asleep, that I forget how crazy the day was. Jax and Olivia both have to sleep with tons of stuff. He hates to be alone!

Anonymous said...

YOU WILL MISS IT!! I always say that to you young moms but it is so true and it creeps up on you so quickly.

I ADORE your kids, they are precious to me!

Krista said...

Isn't is a bittersweet thing being a mom. I crave quiet and alone time, but the second (well maybe after 2 hours) I get it I long to see my kids again. I long to have the work I do around the house to stay longer than a minute, but someday I'll long to see little handprints and messy beds everywhere because that will mean I'm alone. I am so grateful I was given the opportunity to be a mom too. And I love to see happy, contented, sleeping children too, that is the best.

Nikki said...

Your little Simon is so sweet. I can so relate, and I so agree with the girls' comments.

Laura said...

Don't kids always look like angels when they're sleeping?! Amen to all those mom comments!