
We now have an In-N-Out burger right here in St. George. We have been waiting with baited breath ever since we moved to St. George and saw the crossed Palm trees (ok really we haven't but a lot of people must have been). As we drove by last night there was a 50 car line and at least 30 people waiting in line outside of the store. Let me ask you-Who waits in line an hour for a burger? (so sorry if you were one of these people) We have Burger King, Wendy's, Del Taco, Sonic, the Burger Place who all have very nice burgers. Is it the fact that we live in St. George and we all have to have what everyone else has? I don't know but if you can shed some light on this for me I would be grateful.
10 comments:
Yeah, the line was snaking behind Ethan Allen! Of course, I will be going once the line dies down...
I wouldn't wait in line right now either. But In-n-Out is delicious. In one of the books examining fast food restaurants (Fast Food Nation, maybe?) it was singled out as an example of a good company. They pay their employees better than minimum wage and expect them to offer good customer service. They keep facilities clean. They prepare food on site to promote freshness. And they've resisted franchising because the family that founded it wants to maintain quality. It tastes good and it's owned by good citizens. Bon appetit!
I saw the line too!
CRAZY.
But what Pat says sounds good. I will wait until it dies down though...
We love shiny things in St. George. Last year, I saw people waiting outside Olive Garden at 4 in the afternoon.
The upside for us is that all of the other good restaurants got a lot less crowded.
The other thing I thought when I saw that line is I'd bet people drove down from Provo to go. Lots of homesick Californians there.
I don't think that line has anything to do with St. George. I've never known an In-N-Out to open and NOT have that response....
You're saying that when a new In-N-Out opens in California, that people will wait in an hour line instead of driving over to the next town? That is a completely different brand of crazy.
Unless they are giving away free ponies.
LOVE IN-N-OUT!!!! The line usually goes pretty fast........speaking from many,many,many visits in Cal. I do go to Burger King on my B-day. Love those double Whoppers w/cheese!
Chase went yesterday on his lunch break from school-In-N-Out quickly even with lines & said it was phenomenal! Maybe I'll end my vegetarian diet for five minutes-I love their burgers & fresh fries. Those other places don't compare in my opinion.
Ryan's brother's friend waited over an hour on Tuesday...I know from experience they serve fast but they can only serve so fast with that many people waiting.
Here is a secret most cheap college students know about In-n-Out: They have a secret menu. For example, you can order your fries "well done" and they are extra crispy. Or you can order them "animal style" and they come with special sauce on top. Or you can order a "grilled cheese" and it is a burger with no meat. Or a "skinny burger" and it is a burger wrapped in lettuce instead of a bun. It goes on.
Post a Comment