Friday, January 04, 2008

Guilt

Ok, so I have been feeling guilty about not keeping a journal since my Valiant teach gave me one (I think I was 9). I wrote in it a few times and then tore out the pages because they were so dumb. After feeling the guilt through Young Women's and Young Adult life, my Aunt gave me a new journal when I graduated from the U of U. Guess what...It is completely empty. For the record, that was almost 12 years ago. Which makes me sound so old. Now the guilt is getting worse, but I am too lazy to do anything about it. I have done some scrap booking, although that, too, has gone by the wayside since I've had 3 kids. And I prefer gluing pictures to pages to writing down why the picture was taken. The guilt continues-I have a book for Drew up to age 5 (that was the decided baby book cut off age), Olivia's has her first year, and Simon's is an empty book. Are my 2 little ones going to hate their mom if I die before I hand make their baby books? This too, is not enough motivation for me to actually pull everything out and get my rear in gear. So after all that rambling...Can I please count blogging as journaling? Please??? For some reason it is oh so much easier to type than too sit down with a true journal and write. I would love some validation on this because I am still feeling guilty. I have always been told that journaling should be in your own handwriting so you leave a piece of you behind. Someone please tell me this isn't so!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're off the hook. Blogging is so just as good if not better (because you're more likely to do it!)

As for the handwriting bit: Make each of your kids a card; handwrite 'I love you very much' and keep it. That's good enough. After all how many handwriting examples do you really need?

♥Shally said...

I totally use blogging as my scrapbook and my journal. If you go to blurb.com you can make your blog into a book (I am going to do that) so that your kids can have a hard copy. I tried for so long to scrapbook, and just did not get into it. Blogging is a great way to give your kids a piece of you... and more of it since you tend to do it more.

Anonymous said...

When we were showing Brian's mom my blog (and yours) tonight. She asked what is a blog and Brian's description---it's a "JOURNAL". I think that's why I love reading blogs, it's like reading someone's journal....only more creative because you KNOW someone is going to read it.