Monday, January 28, 2008

Simon of the Sea

After Olivia received a "fancy" makeover on her room, Simon insisted that he too needed a new look. He decided that the look that was right for him was the ocean. So here is Simon's new and improved ocean room...
His bed is his raft. If you could figure it out the white triangle on the wall is his rafts sail.

Thanks to Grandma Linda and Grandpa Steve Simon already had this great shark tent (he refers to it as his fort). He helped put the fish up on the wall and picked out the surf board and sun for the beach sigh.
He put his sea shell collection on an anchor just inside his door so he can admire it often.

This was a totally different experience than redoing Olivia's room but just as fun. I think it needs a few more things like a surf board clock (you better get busy on that Aunt Angie) and maybe a sun somewhere. Simon (and his mom) is happy with the outcome!


5 comments:

Melissa said...

Too Cute!! I love it....You are one talented woman!

Anonymous said...

WOW! It's darling!! Simon is so lucky. Chase wants to come and see it.

Krista said...

You are awesome! My boys have no color on their walls. You are only a kid once, and I just need to go for it and give them a cheery room to be in.

Next thought, I love reading. I also love to go to book club for the social aspect of it, but I don't want to be limited in my reading (within reason), so I am wondering if you are interested in coming to a 2nd little book group that meets together every couple of months to read great books that don't quite make it into
our church book club? I had already purchased "Eat, Pray, Love" (I think that's the order) when I heard they aren't going to do it after all. I have enjoyed it so far, and I am still going to finish it. Anyway, I would love to read some of the great books that people have said that they have loved. If you are interested in going to lunch every couple of months and discussing good books, let me know. I'd be happy to organize something. Also, if you like this idea, pass it on.

Krista

Anonymous said...

I love Simons new room! Too cute. You are so creative.

Anonymous said...

Great job, Brookie! Where did you find the time? You are awesome.
Simie, can I come and get swallowed up in that shark with you ?